Monday, September 20, 2010

MAILBOX MONDAY - ARC BY KATE MORTON!!! WOOT!

Mailbox Monday is a weekly bookish meme created by Marcia over at The Printed Page, but this month is being hosted by Kathy over at Bermudaonion!

Today I actually DID get a book in the mail!  I am super excited to be given an ARC of Kate Morton's latest book The Distant Hours.  I am currently reading The Forgotten Garden, which I am LOVING, and I can't WAIT to dive into this one!  THANK YOU to Anneliese from Simon and Schuster Canada for sending me this georgous book!

Here is the blurb from Amazon.com:

A long lost letter arrives in the post and Edie Burchill finds herself on a journey to Milderhurst Castle, a great but moldering old house, where the Blythe spinsters live and where her mother was billeted 50 years before as a 13 year old child during WW II. The elder Blythe sisters are twins and have spent most of their lives looking after the third and youngest sister, Juniper, who hasn’t been the same since her fiance jilted her in 1941.



Inside the decaying castle, Edie begins to unravel her mother’s past. But there are other secrets hidden in the stones of Milderhurst, and Edie is about to learn more than she expected. The truth of what happened in ‘the distant hours’ of the past has been waiting a long time for someone to find it.


Isn't the cover GEORGOUS??!!!  Her covers are always beautiful, though.  Just look at The Forgotten Garden.
ANYway, The Distant Hours is available in stores November 9th, and I will have my review up a few days before then! 

What was in YOUR mailbox??

For more Mailbox Monday delights click here.

16 Blabs:

Jennifer | Mrs Q Book Addict said...

I have The Forgotten Garden and The House of Riverton, both are waiting to be read. Enjoy!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I can't wait for your review of The Distant Hours. Love the cover.

Carol said...

The Distant Hours does Sound good. I haven't read anything by Kate Morton.

bermudaonion said...

Lucky duck! I bet that book is fabulous!

Mystica said...

I've read both of Kate Morton's books but this is a new one for me. I had not even heard of it till now so thanks for the highlight!

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

I have The Forgotten Garden waiting to be read. That is a great cover on The Distant Hours. Everyone seems to love Kate Morton's books!

brandileigh2003 said...

Happy reading! They look wonderful.

Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

I have Kate Morton books on my to-read list and haven't gotten to them yet. I need to check out my library!

Unknown said...

I listened to the audio of The Forgotten Garden last year. It was sort of hard to keep up with everything that way, but it was a great production, and I would definitely read Kate Morton's next book.

My Book Blog:
5 Minutes for Books

Anna said...

I am so looking forward to your thoughts on this. Enjoy!

http://diaryofaneccentric.wordpress.com

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

The Kate Morton books seem to have the most gorgeous covers; they make me want to grab them! Enjoy.

Thanks for visiting my blog, and I laughed at the comment about the picture of my stacks. They have gone down slightly, but then I have new stacks growing in my office!

Deepali said...

Oh congrats on having an ARC! I still haven't ever been sent one :)
Thanks for coming by my blog on the hop!
e-Volving Books

Passages to the Past said...

Woo Hoo....awesome score! I recently purchased The Forgotten Garden, but haven't had a chance to get to it yet. Glad to hear that you are loving it.

HERE is my Mailbox Monday.

TheBookGirl said...

Oh I loved loved The House at Riverton :)
Hope you enjoy this one!

Carol said...

After saying The Distant Hours looked good, I got a copy today. Funny how that happens.

Lisa said...

Jennifer: I had a look at House of Riverton and I am definately going to pick that one up in the future as well!

Mary: I know, covers are just my total weakness!

Carol: That is hilarious! I can't wait to hear what you think of it! I have just read the first opening page and am totally into it already!

Kathy: Thanks so much for hosting Mailbox Monday this month!

Mystica: I know, isn't that the great thing about book blogs? There are SO MANY books I would have never even heard of and read if it weren't for blogs! Like Pope Joan, which was one of my favourite reads of last year... would never ever have found it otherwise!

Beth: I look forward to your thoughts on it!

Brandi: Thanks for stopping by my mailbox today!

Holly: Well, when you do read one, I can't wait to read your thoughts!

Jennifer: I have to be honest, I am really enjoying Forgetten Garden, but I do get very lost sometimes trying to keep track of who's who when the timelines are flipping around. I find it's not a book you can just read for a few minutes at a time, it's better to have at least 1/2 an hour to read. I think I would get VERY confused if I was listening to the audio version! I flip around a bit sometimes to refresh my memory on what is happening.

Anna: Thanks for stopping by today!

Laurel-Rain: Hah! I think I will have to post a pic of some of my stacks and shelves that not only have books in them properly, but also stacked in weird ways just to fit! Scary!

Deepali: I'm not sure how long you have had a blog, but don't worry, you will get them! And then you'll have so many thrown at you you will be in ARC heaven! I belong to the Canadian Booksellers Association and get their magazine periodically. In there is a list of publishers and the books that are newly avail and they list if there are ARC's avail for them. I then wrote to just one of those using the contact provided and was sent my very first ARC! It was one of the MOST exciting days EVER! So you could try something like that. As long as a person is professional and polite, I don't think there is any harm in asking once.

Amy: It is interesting how many people have it in their possession! I bet our reviews will all come out around the same time! LOL!

The Book Girl: Okay, so NOWWWW I HAVE to run out and buy The House at Riverton. When I hear someone say they "loved loved" a book, that has me sold right then.

Post a Comment