Tuesday, October 20, 2009

TEASER TUESDAY


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.  Anyone can play along!


  • Grab your current read
  • Flip to a random page and select 2 sentences
  • Please do not include any spoilers!
  • Post the title of the book and author so folks can add them to their TBR pile!  


My teaser is from "An Echo in the Bone" by Diana Gabaldon:

"He was tousled from sleep, the embers of the fire making shadows in his hair, but his eyes were alert.  He nodded and kissed my forehead, but instead of stepping back, he laid his hand on my head and whispered, "Oh blessed Michael of the Red Domain..." in Gaelic, then touched my cheek in farewell."


Oh, and what the hell, here's another one!

"Jo's feet left crisp black prints that I followed upward, the needles of fir and balsam brushing cold and fragrant against my skirt, as I listened to a vibrant silence that rang like a bell. 
     If ever there were a night when angels walked, I prayed it might be this one."

3 Blabs:

Katy said...

I LOVE Diana Gabaldon. I can't wait to read this book! :)

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Such a great teaser. I need to start with Outlander, which I just downloaded to the Kindle. Enjoy her latest book.

Alyssa Kirk said...

Nice teaser. The language sounds very rich. I love the line about the "night angels walked..." I would love to read her books. Thanks!

Post a Comment